Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday 13: The Fantastic Future

Thirteen Things I’m Looking Forward To

1. Reaching my goal weight.
2. Seeing my brother and his family in July. They moved to Dallas last year and I haven't seen them since Christmas.
3. Mother’s Day
4. Hearing from Woman’s World about my latest story, “Above and Beyond.” The story is special in that the main character is based on a chapter mate who recently passed away.
5. Being a grandmother (This should not happen for at least 7+ years.)
6. The release of my first printed book in September!
7. Tomorrow. I'm scrapbooking with a bunch of gal pals. We do it every month, and it's the only time I get to try to catch up on my scrapbook.
8. Tomorrow again. I'm going to treat myself to a matinee of 300. I hear there are some awesome displays of man meat in that movie.
9. Seeing my orchids bloom again. I'm not exactly sure if they will, but I have high hopes.
10. RWA National Conference - I'm going to be rooming with Loribelle, Romance Diva friend!
11. Also at RWA, meeting Mary Altman, my Ellora's Cave editor.
12. The fabulous Diva Dinner at RWA.
13. The Passionate Ink Luncheon at RWA.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. If you participate, leave your blog link by clicking on the white box above. It’s easy, and fun! Update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

Don't forget to check out my latest contest.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Finlands finest said...

Great TT. That is fantastic that you're publishing a book. Whats the title, I would like to read it??

6:34 AM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

OMG, I'm totally with you on 10-13. My life is now a countdown to Dallas.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Rhian said...

yeah Kate - as soon as your cover comes let me know and i'll do major pimpage for you. A TT on your list that jumped out at me was the orchids - keep 'em far away from me...don't even mention my name to them - i have a black thumb that makes grown men cry. no really. Even cactus aren't safe from me.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Good list Kate. Look forward to seeing you at RWA! I'll be there with my hubby. He said there was no way I was going alone this year because he missed me too much...aww....

Hugs,

Anna J. Evans

1:10 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ah, a day of scrapbooking. Been a while since I worked on mine. I am sooo behind! I think I may need to devote all of May 5, National Scrapbook day, to catching up a bit.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Finland, the title is Seasons of Seduction, Volume 3. It's an anthology of six erotic romance stories. My story is called A Man of Vision. :)

Yeah, Robin! July will be here before you know it. I can't wait to meet you in person.

Anna, I don't want my hubby coming with me. He would totally impede on my freedom to do what I wanted. To me, it's a girls' week out. But then again, we've been together since 1981 (married since '91.)

Rhi, the cover is already here, but I think it's too early to do pimpage on it, since it won't be released until September. I will take you up on it later, though!!

Heather, we scrapbook starting around 4 p.m. and go to about 2 a.m. We order dinner in and share a dessert that I usually bring. It's so much fun. I just have to make sure I stop talking long enough to get pages done!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Congrats on the first print book release! Woot!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Crystal! It's an EC Caveman anthology. I'm SO excited.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate--you put me in major envy mode. You're going to Nationals again? I am so hoping to make it to next year's in SF. And you tell me when your book is released 'cuz I'll put it up on my blog too.

And don't talk about grandmotherhood yet. I'm still gearing my nerves up for teenage hood (two and a half years to go. Tick Tock.)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK..I'm stealing this idea too. Are you reading The Secret? They suggest making a list like this.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

No, I haven't read that. I haven't even heard that much about it.

8:52 PM  
Blogger TJ Bennett said...

Kate, just sticking my head in to say, "Yes on Number 8. Major man meat. Oh, uh-huh." Don't take your husband, so you can drool without offense. However, if he insists on accompanying you, you can always pretend you're gasping aloud because of the daring battle scenes and dramatic special effects. Yeah, that's the ticket. :-)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Elle Fredrix said...

Congrats on your Sept release!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

TJ, yeah. I'm seeing the 11 o'clock show by myself. I'm buying popcorn to eat and so that I'll have something to catch the drool.

Thanks, Elle! :D

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home