Friday, May 04, 2007

Artist: Cindy Thornton

This Friday I'm featuring Cindy Thornton. Again, I found myself drawn to the bright colors and swirl motif. This first piece is called "Tiny Tuscany," from a series of paintings.

This is "The Westerlies." With its pink sky, it's like a girly version of Van Gogh's "Starry Night." I don't really like cypress trees in reality, but in art, they're very appealing.


This is Candle Flies. I don't see the candles, but it makes me think of benevolent fairies, like in Disney's movie, Sleeping Beauty.

Finally, this is "Night Lights (#7 in a series.)" I'm not crazy about the hut, but the sky is beautiful. I could see it as fabric for a pareo.

For more of her work, visit her website.

Enjoy your weekend!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tempest Knight said...

I love the bright colors and the simplicity of the pics. :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Me, too. :D If I had a bachelorette pad, I might hang stuff like this on my walls, but this doesn't go with my house decor. At least I can decorate my blog with it. :D

5:07 AM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

I would LOVE to have whole walls and ceilings painted like that. Wouldn't they be fantastic murals?

9:01 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

That would be fun! Imagine a bed and breakfast in which each room was themed to art. One of the rooms could be like this. :D

4:57 AM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I tagged you for this '8 things meme' that's going around Kate...sorry. You can find out rules on my blog if you want to. If not, no biggie :).

Anna

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like her colors. Bright. Festive. Cheerful. The picture Candle Flies makes me think of Tinker Bell in Peter Pan, speaking of Disney.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Yes, Gab. Like something out of Fantasia. :)

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home