Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thursday 3: Against My Will

I watched Two for the Money last week. I really shouldn't have enjoyed it, but I did. It was about football. I detest football. It was about betting. I don't gamble. And yet, it starred Matthew McConaughhey. 'Nuff said. I like it when a movie or book shows me an insider's look into a world I didn't know existed. In this case, it was the world of sports betting.



Another movie I didn't expect to like was Something About Mary. I thought for sure it was a "dick flick," full of raunchy, low-brow, bodily function humor, but I ended up laughing my ass off. I'm not sure if that says I'm low-brow or that I merely prejudged the movie based on what other people had said about it.



And because this is my Thursday 3 entry, I had to come up with a third movie I thought I wouldn't like--Chicago. When I first heard about this, I thought, come on, Richard Gere singing and dancing? Puh-lease. This is Zach Mayo from An Officer and a Gentleman! But I really loved this movie. The jailhouse number was fantastic and my admiration for Catherine Zeta-Jones' talent went way up. That woman can act and sing and dance very well.

So, what's a film you were sure you would dislike but ended up liking?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Andel said...

Okay, I haven't seen any of those. And I usually have the opposite reaction; movies I'm really looking forward to turning out to be so different than I expected, that what I thought I'd love, I don't.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, Lisa, that happens to me WAY more than these three instances of negative anticipation turned enjoyment.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home