Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday 3: ALL IN Rejects

ALL IN is coming out tomorrow!! Today I'm doing my usual Thursday 3 and sharing three titles that the story almost had.

1. Mariah's Wish - I have never had a title with a character's name in it, and I thought it might be a nice change of pace, but this title did not grab me at all, so I decided it probably wouldn't grab a reader either.

2. In the Cards - I sort of liked this because of the double meaning. Tucker is a professional poker player, so "cards" in the title was appropriate, and of course, there was the question of whether or not their romance was "in the cards."

3. Finally, trying to brainstorm phrases about wishes, I thought of "a wish and a prayer," which led my brain to A Wish and a Player. But that pun was just too hideous.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucie Simone said...

Kate, I find that thinking up a title is even harder than writing the whole book! The title has to say so much in just a few words. All In was a perfect choice!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks! Yeah, sometimes I sweat bullets over titles.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home