Friday, November 16, 2007

Artist: Angela Anderson


Welcome to another Friday Art Exhibition at my blog.

This is "Robin Nest" by Angela Anderson. It's hard not to enjoy such a simple image. There's a fluidity to the nest that I adore, how the bits of straw and such flow and intertwine to form a strong home for the delicate eggs. She has an entire series of nest paintings. (See blog link below.)

Angela Anderson is from Russellville, Arkansas, USA. She grew up in Palm Springs, California and has been painting professionally and teaching art classes for over 16 years. She and her husband, Mark, have three boys.

Ms. Anderson says, "I often like to take all background distractions out of my paintings and focus in on the part of my subject that I find most interesting. There is simplicity that results which I find very appealing. I would categorize my paintings as somewhat Impressionistic in style, but they tend to have a sense of realism about them as well. A customer once commented that my paintings were "soothing". I thought that was a lovely compliment. I hope that those who view my art feel the same peace and love for God that I feel when I am painting. If I've made someone feel good then all my efforts are worthwhile."

You can view more of her artwork at her website.

Have a terrific weekend.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

I like the nest, too. The eggs sort of glow, which is cool :-)

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home