Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Recipe: Sauteed Corn, Bacon, and Scallions

You know, I staunchly believe that anything with bacon must be tasty. Here's a good example!

4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
4 cups corn kernels
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
Pinch of red-pepper flakes
2 to 3 scallions, sliced

Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.

Add corn kernels; season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until corn is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallions. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy and an interesting side dish. It also looks easy to prepare and easy to remember the ingredients when I go shopping. LOL! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

You're welcome! I love recipes that I can make from stuff in my pantry!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home