Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday 3: Disney Heroines

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

This weekI'm naming my three favorite Disney heroines. There are quite a few to choose from.

1. Mulan is Chinese, like me. She's fiesty. She really wanted to make her father proud of her, something I've always longed for myself.








I love Ariel, too. She's a go-getter who knows what she wants. Too bad her prince's name was Eric. What kind of heroic name is that? Prince Eric. Ugh.





Finally, my very favorite heroine is Belle. The moment I found out she was a reader, I knew she was my kind of gal. Not only that, she had a damaged hero to transform. Those tortured heroes get me every single time. Too bad he looked girly when he finally became a prince. And that golden ball gown, she had? Lord, that was ugly. Still, at least she actually has a nose. LMAO.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hi Kate! Those would be my top three as well, with Cinderella coming in fourth. ;)

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the list but I think I'd bump Cindrella up to #1, only because she's sooo pretty.

Okay, I'm shallow. I like lovely ball gowns and, oh yeah, shoes! What can I say.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Mullan is the only of the Disney Princesses/heroines that I've actually liked. She's not whinny.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yep. Belle. All the way.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Heather, my fourth place winner would be Meg from Hercules.

Cinderella would maybe be number 5 for me.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Belle is my favorite. She's a reader, she has a quirky strength and she doesn't have to change for her hero- he changes for her. Really, for the early Disney Princesses, I think she's the one that's most likeable and the best role model.

Mulan is my second favorite, because I love the traditional story (in the traditional story she takes a lot longer to save the kingdom- 10 years- and she becomes a general. She studies war tactics. How cool is that?

Ariel is my third favorite, mostly because she has red hair. I actually don't think she's that cool, but she's better than most of the other disney princesses. Now that I think of it, I think I'm bumping her down to four, and Moving Meg up to #3. I like how Meg has sass, is "wounded," though I personally think that Hercules doesn't stand up to her enough. There's not enough sexual tension between them for me. (Unlike Belle and the Beast, or Mulan and her guy. Lots of tension there.) And Ariel and Eric have NO chemistry between them, with the exception of the boat scene.

*mutters*

2:34 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

True, I actually forgot about Meg until I started thinking about a fourth choice. I think I'll bump her up too. Ariel is now #4. Meg is #3.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home