Friday, December 21, 2007

No Butts About It

I recently subscribed to Artist's Magazine. (My son was having a magazine drive, and I put on my dutiful parent hat.) It's going to be a fantastic resource for my Art Friday Blogs. Today is a perfect example.

This is SO COOL.

There's an organization called Artists in Cellophane that sells art at five bucks a pop out of refitted cigarette machines, called Art-o-mats. You never know what you're going to get when you pull the lever, but it will be original artwork. It might be a tiny sculpture, a mobile, a painting, or something else. But it will be real, honest to goodness art.


Here are some examples of what you might get for your five bucks.

Jules Vitali







Janet Tanguay










Susan Harper


Isn't this the coolest, daddy-o? There's one relatively near us at the Museum of Contemporary Art, and I want to take my sons there over the winter break so we can see an art-o-mat in person and buy some art!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh how COOL!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home