Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday 3: Zero on the Tasty Scale

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

This week I'm listing three foods I detest.

1. Cilantro - I do like Mexican food, but raw cilantro almost makes me gag. It can completely ruin a bite of food for me, and I'm not exaggerating. I will pick tiny bits of it out of my guacamole or taco, if I've forgotten to tell the waiter to hold the cilantro.

2. Liver - If it's HIGHLY disguised, like in a very high end pate, I might be able to stomach it.

3. Fish eggs - They're gelantinous and raw and usually come in globs, meaning I'm supposed to chew on a bunch of them at once. Gross. Again, in the sushi restaurant I can often be seen scraping tiny orange flecks (masago) from my sushi.

Any zero tolerance foods on your list?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Liver is definitely at the top of my list of foods I won't touch. Escargot as well. Yuck!

Now, if you want a true taste sensation, check out the recipe for cherry chocolate clusters I posted to my blog on Tuesday. *WEG*

9:47 PM  
Blogger Paige Tyler said...

I agree! Ewwwww!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

11:58 AM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

Since I'm a vegetarian, all forms of meat are on my zero tolerance list. But I also absolutely detest eggplant no matter how it is prepared, and I refuse to eat just about anything that has been pickled except for, uh, pickles.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bell peppers. I cannot stand the taste or smell of bell peppers. It all goes back to my childhood when my mom used to make what I considered a horrible stuffed bell pepper dish.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home