Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday 3: Blog, Buy, or Knit

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

I wanted to bring to your attention a little girl whom I admire. Katelyn Mulcahy is only ten years old, but unlike other ten year olds, she thinks a great deal about people other than herself.

When she saw a knitting device at a craft store, she got an idea and, with the help of her parents, created Caps for Cuties.

Here's Katelyn's mission statement:

I want to save as many premature babies as I can by knitting caps for them. The babies need heat to grow and the hats help stop any heat that escapes from their heads.

To date, she's donated (Holy Toledo!) 91 caps to the neo-natal ICU at her local hospital. I think that's so amazing.

Here are three ways you can help her out:
1. Donate yarn.
2. Knit caps.
3. Spread the word. List her in your blogroll and/or blog about her.

Check out her website for more information.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home