Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thursday 3: Teasers

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time or the inclination for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.


Here are three chapter endings from my work-in-progress, tentatively titled, A WOLF AT HER DOOR. It's the second in my Be-Wished Series. I hope this whets your appetite.

1. “I, ah, liked Number Three.”

Paige couldn’t remember which one Number Three was. Intense curiosity made her snatch back the paper and scan it. Her face burned when she realized which scene she’d quoted from. When she looked up at him, he had a knowing look in his eye and heat in his expression.

“Are you okay with acting that kind of thing out?”

Her heart pounded in excitement and apprehension, but she nodded. “Yes,” she said in a small voice.

“There’s not much there on the paper, but I’m willing to improvise.”

“Sounds good.” Remembering how he’d thrown her onto the bed, she expected Adam’s improvisation to be an erotic thrill-ride.

“So on your scale from one to five, how rough do you want me to be?”

Taking a deep breath, Paige stepped up to the plate. “Five.”



2. “A fashion crisis?” Davina exclaimed with alarm. “Not on my watch.”

3. He smiled at her, and God, it turned her heart over. This was happening too fast. She knew she was falling in love with him, even if falling wasn’t a strong enough word. It was more like bungee jumping. But the trouble was, with bungee jumping, you got yanked back up. Telling herself to slow down didn’t help. Her feelings went barreling on ahead heedlessly and there didn’t seem to be any brakes on them whatsoever. Hopefully all that was ahead was a nice, romantic sunset, but with her luck she’d just crash and burn.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home