Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday 3: Caffeine Rush

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

I love Starbucks, which is a good thing, because I work there. Here are three drinks that are "off menu," so to speak, as in not your normal Mocha or Vanilla Latte. Try them if you'd like something different next time you wander into one of our gazillion stores.

1. Do you like Captain Crunch Crunch Berries cereal? Do you like Frappuccinos? If so, try this "Captain Crunch" Frappucino.

To order it, say, "I'd like a Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino with toffee nut."

2. I like my coffee a bit on the creamy side, but strong. I also want a drink that doesn't have too many calories. Those lattes can add up. So, I like espresso with white mocha syrup. The syrup makes it seem like you're getting cream and sugar and cuts the acidity of the shots. This drink is about 60 calories.

To order it say, "I'd like an Iced Venti Americano, no water, three pumps white mocha."

3. To open the store we have to report to work at 4:30 a.m. Yeah, it's early. So, after I get the pastry case set up, I pull three shots, add a Splenda, a splash of hot non-fat milk and top it with whipped cream and caramel. I love that initial yummy caramel whipped cream, and then the coffee hits my tongue, intense and hot. Yum!

To order it, say, "I'd like a triple espresso, one Splenda, a splash of non-fat, whip and caramel sauce on top." Yeah, it sounds complicated, but we baristas are used to taking orders like these.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige Tyler said...

Ooooh, I soooooo love Starbucks, espeically their Vanilla Bean Frappuccinos! Yummy!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

8:54 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, you gotta branch out, Paige! Try the Captain Crunch thing. It's so good. Also, I made a White Mocha Frappuccino with Cinnamon Dolce that kicked ass yesterday. Super yummy.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home