Friday, January 11, 2008

Artist: Adele Gregory

This is "Koi Pond," by Adele Gregory. I think it's so cool how you get the impression of the fish with just these seemingly random blobs of color. I wish I could paint like this. Koi fish are so calming. I'm also often drawn to blues and oranges together.

Here's what she has to say about her art: What I try to capture in my work are the small moments when you stop and notice that something is beautiful. They are very still moments, when the rest of the world world seems to disappear and you're only aware of line, form, colour and contrast.

If you would like to see more of Gregory's work, click here. Have a koi-calm weekend!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Definitely a cool and interesting painting! Is there anything more ralxing than a shaded koi pond?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

A massage? ;)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home