Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday 3: The "Perks" of Starbucks

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

I've been a barista at Starbucks for almost two years. Part of the reason I enjoy my job so much is that Starbucks is a great company to work for. Here are three reasons why:

1. Medical insurance was costing my family of four $700 a month. Even though I am a part time employee, Starbucks provides full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Now I only give up $83 per paycheck. That's a HUGE savings.

2. We get 30% off everything sold in the stores. Sometimes stuff goes on sale, and you can get it for dirt cheap! I got these darling snowman mugs with top hat lids for $1.50 last year.

3. I love coffee and we get one free pound every week. Or, if you don't like coffee, you can get a box of their Tazo tea.

Tell me something you like about your company/job. :D

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige Tyler said...

I so love Starbucks!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm happy to be a stay-at-home mom, but you sure do make working at Starbucks sound tempting, if only for the medical insurance! Our closest Starbucks is two hours away. I would imagine you'd have to have a great memory to remember how to make all those drinks. When my daughters order, I don't even know what they're talking about! LOL!

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home