Friday, April 18, 2008

Artist: Gustav Dore (1882-1883)

Doré (right) was a French artist, engraver, illustrator and sculptor who worked primarily with wood engraving and steel engraving. Above is a representation of his "Andromeda." But the really cool thing about this is that you can order this work of art and have it installed in your shower, or wherever!! Renaissance Styles has a collection of artwork that you can have converted into tiles. If I won the lottery, I'd SO get a copy of Botticelli's Birth of Venus.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

OMG, I would SO love to have that installed in my shower!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Tell me about it! I'll bet it costs an arm and a leg.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so cool! Lets buy some lottery tickets!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Stephen D. Rogers said...

The most amazing thing is that Gustav did it before he was one, according to the dates listed: Gustav Dore (1882-1883)

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel the chill.

Nice catch, Stephen, want to be my editor?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home