Friday, August 15, 2008

Artist: Isabel Samaras

This is the very kooky art of Isabel Samaras. Isn't it fantastic? So campy, so irreverant! I loved these two paintings in particular because Botticelli's Birth of Venus is one of my favorite paintings of all time. The first painting here is called Black Venus. The only think I think it's lacking, besides flying attendants, is some fancy dual colored pubic hair. Maybe even armpit hair, too!

This next painting is called Birth of Ginger. Isn't it a hoot? Gilligan and Skipper embracing is a little creepy, but otherwise I think this is just a lot of fun. Instead of scars, like the Bride had, Ginger has tan lines. She also has some pretty nice abs. Anyway, so ends another Art Friday on my blog. Have a terrific weekend!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, congrats on the Bestseller status! Woohoo! Second, those paintings are a hoot - thanks for sharing them. The first one immediately reminded me of Young Frankenstein, one of my favorite old movies.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I should rent Young Frankenstein for my kids to watch. I think they'd like it. I can't remember what it's rated though! And thanks! I hope that book continues to sell as strongly!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Kate, I enjoy your blog. More of a lurker. Appreciate the art stuff. Have a question... where do you get that word counter for your work in progress.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who knew the Skipper and Gilligan had a thing? I mean, I guess we all suspected, but geez... LOL.

Awesome on the Fictionwise news!! You da bomb! Very nice. I'm kvelling.

And don't have a heart attack because I'm commenting. This is me procrastinating after a sucky rejection. Can I say sucky on your blog?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Liz, I emailed you the link. :)

Deanne, you commented! I'm in shock again. Just because you tell me not to have a heart attack doesn't mean I won't. You can say worse than sucky.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home