Thursday, August 07, 2008

What's For Dinner?

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

I've been away from the family for almost a week and it's been hard to get back into the groove of cooking every night. I'm feeling oddly apathetic in the kitchen, but the man and almost-men must eat. So, here's what came out of my kitchen for the last three days.


1. Turkey legs and chicken thighs. No one likes turkey legs but me, so the rest of the family had baked chicken.


2. Shell pasta with Italian sausage and salad. The kids had their braces tightened so we had to have soft food.


3. Repeat of last night. A pound of pasta is always too much for us, so we ate leftovers. Plus, I didn't get my sh*t together early enough to slow roast the pork.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! You're more together than me! And we always have pasta when my oldest has his braces tightened too.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Paige Tyler said...

Sounds yummy!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I'll do the pork roast tonight. It has to cook for many hours to be tender. :) Facing registration at the junior high and then school clothes shopping. Ugh.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those back to school days of registration and clothes shopping are over for me, but Hubby loves his pasta so we eat it without having to worry about the kids' braces anymore. Hubby doesn't do the leftover thing, so I've learned to cook less than a pound.

Garden tomatoes are in so were having bruchetta, salami, cheese, and whatever else in cold in the fridge for dinner tonight.

I signed up for your WW class today. I figured it can't hurt to take it again. I also passed the info on to a couple of writers' groups.

I'm on a deadline for critique group for Monday so, "Good eating!"

1:37 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks so much for the PR efforts, Pat! You're a doll!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home