Friday, December 12, 2008

Artist: Heather Jansch

Happy Art Friday! My mother alerted me to this fabulous artist who makes horses out of driftwood! She combs the beaches after high tide and storms to find her raw materials, examines what she's got, and sees how the pieces speak to her and how she can connect them into a horsey shape. She also uses fiberglass, resin, and stee to make them more durable and stable. If you ask me, she captures the natural beauty of horses so wonderfully.






You can view more of Heather Jansch's amazing work at her website.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucie Simone said...

her work is amazing...and a little creepy. When I first glanced at the photos, I thought the pieces of driftwood were the exposed muscles of the animals.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home