Friday, January 27, 2006

Harvey Wallbanger Cake

I've never had a Harvey Wallbanger drink in my life, but this cake is to die for. It's my husband's favorite cake. The Galliano is a bit pricey, but worth it.

Cake:
1 boxed lemon or orange cake mix
1 box (3 3/4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 oz. Liquore Galliano
1 oz. vodka
4 oz. orange juice

Glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 tbsp Liquore Galliano
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vodka
(I add orange zest if I have it.)

Combine cake mix and pudding in large bowl. Blend in eggs, oil, Galliano, vodka, o.j. Mix until smooth and thick.

Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove and place on rack. Have glaze ready to spoon on cake while still warm. If you want, you can poke it with holes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home