Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Is There A Doctor in the House?


This Week's Recommendation: House

I do not watch a lot of TV, even though I actually highly admire TV writers. They must come up with great stories weekly. Talk about pressure! Anyway, I miss a lot of great stories because of this, so I've come to rely on DVDs to catch up on series that I hear about. House is one such show.

I very much enjoyed Hugh Laurie's portrayal of Mr. Palmer in the 1995 movie, Sense and Sensibility. He stole every scene he was in. So when I heard he was in a TV show, I was interested. After renting the DVD of the first season, I am now hooked on the show. His character, Gregory House, is so irreverant and downright mean sometimes, and yet somehow I can't help liking him. He's the quintessential wounded hero. I long to see him redeemed by love, almost as much as I wish he could find a razor.

Anyway, it's an excellent show and I can't recommend it highly enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home