Monday, September 18, 2006

The Seventh Caller

Woman's World Review: "The Prize" by Elizabeth Guy, from the September 19th issue of Woman's World

Tagline: Jessie had never won anything in her life...until now.

The concept of a woman winning a prize from a radio contest was very original. I remember reading a WW story about a radio personality before, but the focus of that tale was more on the man's hypnotic, sexy voice and how the heroine had fixated on that. "The Prize" dealt with a DJ whom Jessie assumed was the stereotypical DJ. What else would you expect from a man who goes by "Lizard?" But Elizabeth Guy does a great job of showing us how Jessie's assumption changes as she talks with the man.

Best Part: Jessie is answering a radio music trivia question, and I laughed when her daughter gives her "a you-just-made-that-up look."

Just My Humble Opinion: I really couldn't find anything I would have changed. I really enjoyed this story.

Grade: A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home