Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Celine Chatillon Spotlight

Celine Chatillon, a fellow Liquid Silver Books author, has published erotic romance, romantic comedy, inspirational, children's fiction, and how-tos. Talk about versatile! Her newest release is out soon, called Santa's Big Little Helper. It should be a fun read -- getting a hunk of manly man in your stocking? Sounds good to me! Let's find out more about Celine and what makes her tick.

Kate Willoughby: Tell me about your writing routine.

CC: I wish I had one—I used to, but it’s gotten rather sloppy as of late. On good days (with no interruptions) I try to write a while on my current work in progress before I go check my email… Email is a great time waster but a necessary evil since I have to keep touch with my publisher and the occasional fan who writes and cheers me up.

KW: One of your books is titled, Help, I'm Falling for the Vampire Next Door. If you could be a vampire, would you? Why or why not?

CC: If I could be a vampire-like creature from another planet that needed just a little blood for sustenance and not a “walking dead” soul-less vampire preying on people indiscriminately, I’d go for it.

It would be cool to possess all the magnetism the vampire traditionally is endowed with… and to be able to shapeshift! Wow, think of all the fun I could have with that ability. (I’d immediately shapeshift myself into Angelina Jolie or someone equally sexy.) Plus, I could hypnotize good-looking guys and lure them into my lair and have my evil way with them. It’s all good—bwahahaha!

KW: What has been the most difficult part of writing for you?

CC: Keeping myself from checking my email!

I would say the one of the most difficult parts of writing is trying to write something that I like yet it’s what my publisher wants to put out and it’s original. A compromise has to be struck somewhere in that mix.

Starting off with a great idea and then getting lost somewhere in the “dreaded middle” is a challenge at times. But the most difficult part is convincing myself to keep writing, even when my books aren’t selling well, or I’m not receiving any positive feedback. This is every writer’s roadblock. You want to throw in the towel, but a small voice in the back of your mind tells you to keep doing it. When the “voices” stop talking, that’s when you know you’re in trouble.

KW: Who in your life has supported you the most in your quest to be published?

CC: I’ll say my mother. My mom does not “get me” at all (she’s not a creative type) but she has supported me in my quest to become published. I can’t say she’s great at promotion, however. She lends her copies of my books to her friends instead of making them buy their own!

KW: Who are your top five favorite authors?

CC: I’ll take the fifth amendment on this one. I’m not sure I could narrow my list down that much!

KW: If you could do the nasty with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?

CC: Definitely it would be somebody living… I’m assuming this is with someone other than my spouse and that you promise you won’t tell him, right? Right?

I’ll go with the current Doctor on Doctor Who. Watch him on Friday nights on the Sci Fi Channel. Tall, handsome and infinitely geeky—a winning combination in my book! I'd like to teach him a thing or two about something other than time travel...

KW: What’s your favorite animal at the zoo?

CC: It’s a toss up between the seals and the penguins. They’re both just so darn entertaining.

KW: The big decision you’re currently wrestling with is…

CC: Do I continue to publish successfully in electronic formats, or do I bite the bullet and approach agents again in order to land a print contract? I love the freedom of e-publishing, but I need the money a writer can make with a print contract.

KW: What TV show are you embarrassed to say that you like(d)?

Hmm, I’m not embarrassed to say I’m a rabid Monty Python, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Futurama or Red Dwarf fan. I guess I would be embarrassed to say I enjoyed Barney when it first came out—but it kept my toddler entertained.

KW: Tell me about your work-in-progress.

Currently I’m working on a contemporary novel with some sci-fi and fantasy elements. It’s sort of a love story, but it takes a fairly unique tack on the subject. And it involves my love for a certain cult television show… See if you can guess which one.
_______

Hey, I liked Barney, too. He was goofy, but he had a great message for kids. Thanks, Celine! It was a lot of fun and, just for the record, I think you should go for print! Stretch those wings a little more. Visit Celine's blog or her website. Find her non-fiction here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly, this woman should be locked up! She's lusting after Doctor Who for pity's sake... I think I'm going to call the British cops on her in case she starts stalking David Tennant for real.

(Great interview, by the way. Buy this woman's books and that will probably keep her off the streets and her fingers out of Mr. Tennant's gorgeous chestnut hair. );)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Laura Bacchi said...

Great interview, ladies!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

LMAO. I've never watched an episode of Dr. Who. Should I be horsewhipped? Sometimes I feel so un-pop cultured.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you enjoy a a good horse whip then go ahead and do so. ;)

Otherwise, catch one sometime or borrow a friend's DVDs. With so many Doctors to choose from (up to number 10), you'll find that special someone to watch and drool over, too. :)

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview. And you don't have to worry about me wrestling you for the Doctor. My SciFi droolworthy hunk would be Colonel Jack O'Neill of Stargate SG1!

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home