Sunday, January 14, 2007

Over the Hump

You probably haven't been monitoring how I'm doing on my work-in-progress, but I have. Like every other sentence. LOL. I have to turn in this latest story, tentatively titled "All In," to my editor at Ellora's Cave on February 1st. I have to admit, having this deadline, and someone that is going to hold me to it, someone who is pivotal to the advancement of my career, is doing wonders for my "muse."

I'm a supremely slow writer, so I'm proud to announce that I have officially finished half the story. At the risk of jinxing it, I'll also say that the plot seems to be unfolding nicely, revealing itself to me bit by bit as I write and the characters, Mariah and Tucker, are coming along too, which is my usual MO.

So, I'd better get back to it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Progress always feels SO good. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Debbie! I have to say one thing, I highly doubt they'll say there's not enough sex in this one.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Kate! This seems to be a hot time for a lot of writers -- Mercury must not be in retrograde.

I, too, write at a snail's pace. Well, I write plenty, but at least half of it winds up on the cutting-room floor in revision. For me, writing a book is like wandering in a maze -- take a wrong turn, go back, do it again -- and plotting doesn't seem to help at all. The story just has to reveal itself at its own pace.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home