Friday, September 21, 2007

Artist: Laura Wasilowski

Welcome to another Art Friday! Today I'm showing off a beautiful quilt by Laura Wasilowski. I am doubly amazed by quilt artists, because not only are they creating beautiful images, but they do it with FABRIC! I've always wanted to learn how to quilt. I actually tried a couple of times, but ended up with projects begun and never finished. I'd need a room, for sure, to do it in and that won't happen for a few years. Perhaps someday.

Anyway, this quilt is called Pear Trio (44" x 44"), and it's selling for $4000. I believe her fabrics are hand-dyed. I'm actually reminded of Eric Carle's work. If you have kids, you know this guy. He wrote and illustrated The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Her three pears make me think of middle aged women sitting comfortably together, shooting the breeze. To see more of Wasilowski's work, go to her website.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hi - I've popped by from Rhian's blog. How wonderful to have a Friday art feature. I'll be by next week.

I clicked through to Laura Wasilowski's site and love her 'Seedpods' quilt so much! Thanks for featuring such a colorful artist.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Welcome, Julia! I hope you keep enjoying the art. If you click on the label at the bottom of any art post, you can go to all the past art blog posts I've done. :)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home