Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Imagine Your Ink

I haven't posed a question in a while, so here goes.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be and where would you put it?

I would never get a tattoo, but if I did, I think I'd emulate my friend Eden Bradley's example and get something in Chinese calligraphy put on the back of my neck. Maybe the word "creativity" or "gratitude".

I tried to find a picture, but found this website, Chinese Tattoos Designs, instead. This woman does beautiful work, some of which looks like she does the actual brush calligraphy and then translates it to the skin. Some of the tattoos look more stylized. I especially like that she cautions people about mistakes easily made, like character reversal (which sounds like a problem that might come up in fiction writing. LOL)

What about you?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Gaucho said...

No, I would not get a tattoo, but the question reminds me about the joke about an old man in the nursing home and the two nurses assigned to care for him.

One of the nurses, an older woman, gives him a bath and afterwards says to the other, younger, nurse: "It's disgusting! He has the word 'Swan' tattooed on his penis!"

So next time it's the younger nurse who gives him his bath and she reports back: "His tattoo doesn't say 'Swan'. It says 'Saskatchewan'".

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

LMAO.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

I have two tattoos already, but if I were to get another one, I'd like the "Om" symbol since I'm a yogi. But I don't know where I'd put it.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd get a yin and yang.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

I have one tattoo already, I am thinking of possible another... a butterfly with wings ladybug patterned wings in memory of my grandmother.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home