Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Admiration Abounds

I adore Eloisa James. She's such a lovely person, friendly, generous, willing to share her knowledge with her fans on an individual basis. She's a fabulous and very witty writer. She is a savvy defender of the romance genre, amazingly able to successfully balance life in the academic world as a professor with that of a romance writer, a feat that I heretofore thought was impossible.

The literary elite are notoriously narrow-minded. I don't blame Eloisa for staying in the closet for so long. After all, she writes romance. I really can't think of any genre that is as despised as romance. If she had written mysteries, I think her colleagues would have been fine with it. Westerns, okay. Even graphic novels they might not have pooh-poohed. But "bodice rippers"? Uh-uh. No way. However, she managed to come out grandly.

I was browsing the Barnes and Noble website and happened upon an article of hers. It's the latest example of how she strives to educate the public on the literary value of the romance genre.

I applaud you, Eloisa. Thank you for all you do for the sake of the genre.

(Incidentally, one of my very first blog entries was about Eloisa.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate
Thanks for reminding me about the B&N Book Club. I saw Eloisa on Saturday and she mentioned it but...life intrudes and I forgot all about it.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Go eloisa.

She does rock. Such a graceful, elegant person. The kind my mama always said I could be if I kept my mouth shut, lol.

Good work Kate.

Anna

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home