Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday 3: Eat These

I saw in National Geographic of all places, that there's going to be a new way to evaluate the food you eat and buy. Basically, they've analyzed the food for nutrients, vitamins, sugar, salt, and bunch of other factors that have to do with health and then given the foods a score from 1-100. It can't get easier than that. Supposedly, grocery stores are going to post these scores so you can be a more informed shopper.

I like this idea and I hope it actually comes to pass. Anyway, here are three foods that I like which scored 100.

1. Broccoli

2. Asparagus

3. Kiwi

There are no meats or seafood that scored 100, probably because of calorie count. Just, FYI, here are some other food scores I found interesting. Nonfat milk 91, oatmeal 88, white rice 57, pasta 50, skinless chicken breast 39, bagel 23, diet soda 15, milk chocolate 3 (OH, THE HORROR), soda 1.

Interesting, huh!

For more info, click here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Paige Tyler said...

I'll have to check that out!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

8:50 AM  
Blogger Mia Celeste said...

I like the idea of food scores and I could live with eating more broccoli and asparagus.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

I guess it's a good thing I'm already a vegetarian!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Well, I was at the store today and didn't see any scores. :(

Brenda, I did buy broccoli, but not asparagus.

Lucie, I could never be a vegetarian. I love meat too much! That probably explains my tubby belly. :D

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home