Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday 13: People I'd Like to Meet

1. The President - Even if I disagree with his policies on immigration, I would still be thrilled to meet the leader of the free world. It would have been cool to be a fly on the wall of that state dinner with the Queen.
2. Laura Bush - I haven't seen much of her, but she seems like a very classy lady.
3. Dennis Prager - This is the wisest man I know (not personally, of course.) I so wish I had his ability to debate issues. I admire his clarity and how he treats every caller and guest on his radio talk show with respect.
4. Kevin Bacon - I just like his work and he seems like a down to earth guy.
5. Carol Burnett - I loved her variety show when I was a kid.
6. Linda Berdoll - If you read this particular Thursday 13, you know why I love this author.
7. Dennis Quaid - This man's smile completely undoes me. He has the deepest smile lines and his eyes just beam. So if we met, he wouldn't actually have to talk, he could just smile. LOL.
8. Rachael Ray - I love her 30 Minute Meals show. She's just got such energy and a great outlook. I love her husky little laugh. Wish I had one like that.
9. Morgan Freeman - Again, seems like a nice guy. I read someone's anecdote once that said they had met him and told him it was a honor, and he responded, "No, it's an honor to meet you." How cool is that?
10. Tiger Woods - I'd bring the hubby to this meeting, because he'd love to have his picture taken with him.
11. Alan Silvestri - He wrote the soundtrack for the most recent version of The Parent Trap and I can't help but be happy when I listen to it. Some of the melodies make me want to cry, they're so moving.
12. John Lasseter (of Pixar) - I love his movies and judging from the special features of some of them, he also seems like someone who would be easy to talk to, shy gal that I am.
13. Sting - Love his music. He's such a poet.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Oh, I'll definitely agree with #13. I'd add Bono to the mix. That would make for interesting convos. Heh!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool list. I'm totally with you on Dennis Quaid lol.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd add Bono, too!

My Kevin Bacon number is six; what's yours?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Interesting list. I don't think I'd have put one of those on a list I drew up on my own, but you've got such good reasons for all of them that I'd like to be a fly on YOUR wall!

Happy TT!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Rachel Ray is SO cute, just a living ray of sunshine. Couldn't agree more. Sting is just a god, we'll leave it at that. Kevin Bacon is adorable, and Carol Burnett was always a role model for me when I tried to indulge my comic actress urges.

We'll agree to disagree on 1 and 2...I should never meet either because I expect my mouth would spew things unbefitting a lady ;)

Anna

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home