Friday, May 18, 2007

Artist: Robin Eschner

I've posted the work of this artist before. It was just the one painting, but her work is worth revisiting, in my opinion.

This is I Want To Say to the Bear. I love the little bear image in the fur, and the colors and movement. The buildings floating made me wonder if this is what the bear is thinking about, but then as I looked at more of her work, I realized that the floating buildings are a motif for her that reoccur in her work with regularity.













This is Leaves. I love her color palette and how subtle it is on top, but gets more intense at the bottom. I'm not sure what animal this is--whether it's a bear or a wolf--and I'm not sure what she's saying, but she speaks to me anyway.
















This is Bartok's Day on the Farm. I really like how she chooses strange colors for animals and makes it work. Oddly, I do wonder how tall that grass is, and if Bartok's legs are really long or if those ponies' legs are very squat. LOL

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate- Leaves is really awesome. I was thinking coyote. maybe Bartok is standing on a rock? I enjoyed Alien Overnight. :)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Mima, I was thinking coyotes are skinnier, but then what do I know? And Alien Overnight is such a hot book. Robin is such an amazing writer.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like the second picture. I thought it was a wolf, though I can understand the confusion. There's something about the way the animal stares out from the canvas though that sucks you in and holds your attention.

I really love visiting your blog to see what artists your showcasing.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks! I love finding the artists.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home