Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday 13: All In A Day's Work

Thirteen Other Professions I Would Enjoy
1. Luxury hotel star-giver - I'm sure that's not the official title, but you get the idea. How wonderful to travel from high class hotel to high class hotel and rate them according to service and amenities.
2. Figure skater - All right, I STILL dream of being able to do those amazing jumps. Ideally, I'd be part of a pair.
3. Flight attendant - Talk about benefits. I love traveling, and I even like airports and hotels (see above.)
4. Animator - I took an animation class in college, but at that time animation wasn't quite all computer generated. I'd love a job at Pixar. I'll bet it's a fun place to work.
5. Film editor
6. Book editor
7. Bookstore owner
8. Chef - I love cooking, but I'm not sure I'd love the hours.
9. *Restaurant critic - Might be hard to keep my girlish figure with this job.
10. Art teacher - I love kids and art and love inspiring them to be creative and realize that everyone can make great art.
11. Family movie critic - I'd be a regular movie critic, but I'd be forced to watch horror films, and I can't stand those.
12. Floral arranger - What a wonderful job, working with beautiful flowers. The smells alone would be worth it.
13. Travel Writer

*stolen from Jennifer Colgan's blog



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
Join up to interact with other Thursday Thirteeners and pump up blog traffic. If you participate, leave your blog link by clicking on the white box above. It’s easy, and fun!

Win a bracelet from me. Here's how! Deadline May 29.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lyric James said...

Good list. I'll take Flight Attendance and Animator.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I would LURVE to do the star/hotel thing. To get paid to take bubble baths and order room service would be wonderful.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

how did i miss your TT? (gasping in horror)
you would make an AWESOME art teacher! I always thought owning a bookstore would be cool.

I have a plan to someday own a gallery that has a coffee bar and comfy sofas and offers a reference library (with xerox machine so peeps can make copies of pages) - not really a bookstore but a cool artist hangout.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Lyric, unfortunately, I'm still too short to be a flight attendant. LOL I think you have to be 5'2".

Yes, I can see it now, Gwen. "I'm afraid your bath gel isn't foamy enough." LOL

Rhian, that sounds heavenly. Books and coffee, two of my favorite things.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home