Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday 3: On Location

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.


Here are three places you can visit in order to revisit some of your favorite movies. That's assuming you liked these movies in the first place.

1. The Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel from Pretty Woman. Remember how absolutely wonderful Hector Elizondo was as Barney, the hotel manager? He stole every scene he was in.



2. The Philadelphia Museum of Art from Rocky. I recently rented Rocky Balboa, and in the special features of the DVD, it showed tourist after tourist mimicking Rocky as he jogged up the steps and turned in a circle, arms upraised, triumphant. And when Sylvester Stallone himself approached them...it was hilarious.

3. Mirabell Gardens, Salzburg, Austria from The Sound of Music. I was in Austria once, and saw the famous gazebo and the "Von Trapp" estate, but didn't visit these gardens. Alas, maybe someday. There weren't any stone benches in the gazebo, otherwise you can be sure I would have leaped them Liesel-style!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to go to Austria one day! And heck, Philly too. Pretty Woman is one of those movies I can watch over and over again.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home