Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Collections

I have always liked collecting things. I do and have collected stamps, souvenir spoons, *recipes, *the state quarters, *the presidential dollars, teapots, and *Santa Christmas tree ornaments.
The problem with collections is that you have to have a place to house them. I stopped collecting the spoons when I was going on my third rack. They're not that attractive on the wall, so right now the two racks and my vast collection (people would bring me spoons from THEIR vacations) are in the garage. My stamps are long gone. I collected those as a teen. I filled many a summer hour floating stamps off bits of paper and finding their places in my international album. I do still need a folder for collecting the presidential quarters, of which I have four.

Do you collect anything?

*Still collecting these items

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! Nope, I'm not a collector. Although when I was young I collected seashells. I do try and collect things from trips I go on - one special thing to remind me of my time there - but there's not one particular thing I covet.

10:28 AM  
Blogger lainey bancroft said...

Women's World? Go, Kate! Beats the hell out of an ebook short $$$-wise.

(clicked from Robin, if ya wondered)

Nope, don't deliberately collect anything. Although...I do have a small but beautiful collection of angels...

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Robin, I always look for shells when at the beach. I love finding sea glass, too, but I don't find much of that anymore.

Thanks for visiting, Lainey! Yes, Woman's World magazine pays great! Have you sold to them before?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home