Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday 3: Lettuce Wraps

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

I love lettuce wraps. I'm Chinese, so maybe it's in my genes. Anyway, today I thought I'd list three of the places I like to order them.

1. Chili's (left) offers two different sauces, butter lettuce instead of iceburg, julienne raw carrots, and puffed rice noodles. I never actually stuff the lettuce here because it's too much trouble. I just use a fork for the fillings and my fingers for the lettuce!
2. Hop Li Seafood Restaurant in West Los Angeles (11901 Santa Monica Blvd) has a pretty good chicken version. Sometimes it has a little more cilantro than I can stomach, but if I put enough hoi sin sauce on it, I don't notice it too much.


3. I just had the Elephant Bar's version last night (right.) (DH and I went to see Hancock, and then had a late supper.) And they were delicious. It was a generous portion served with a nice peanut sauce. There were detailed iceburg leaves and a couple of chunks of red cabbage that was nice. I could have used a little less salt, but it was still delish!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Paige, they were totally yummy!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

I love the Elephant Bar. Mmmm.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lettuce wraps too! The Cheesecake Factory has good ones also!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home