Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Encounter of the Hirsute Kind

The hero of my new release, A Wolf at Her Door, is a werewolf shapeshifter. So, once a month, he goes furry. He gets a tail. He lopes around the wilderness on four legs.

However, when he's in human form, most of the time, he's a normal guy. But last night I got my copies of the published book and was happily reading it with a goofy smile on my face. (Trying to concentrate despite the fact that the rest of the family was watching FRINGE really loudly.) And what do I find? A MISTAKE. Good Lord. My editor and I combed through this sucker many times, but apparently we should have checked it one more time because this gem of a sentence appeared:

The hair on his hairs stood on end...

My first reaction was angry despair, but that was only for a moment. Soon after I was chuckling. The mistake is so silly I can only hope my readers will recognize that and laugh. I like to think of myself as pragmatic, and pragmatically there's nothing I can do about this. So, why waste the energy being upset? In fact, maybe I can turn this into a contest. "Fine the glaring error in Chapter Whatever and win a prize."

Anyway, the point is, my guy is a wolf shifter, but he does NOT have hair on his hairs. *snorts*

But this is a minor glitch in comparision to what my friend RG Alexander is going through with Hurricane Ike. Her book is being released today and she has no internet with which to promote it. So, a few of us are helping her out. Here's the cover. Here's a short blurb:

Twins Hawk and Val are Fianna warriors under the vengeful curse of a scorned goddess. Following the prophecy in the Book of Veils, they search for the one who can help them retrieve the Claíomh Solais before their enemies get the chance. Their quest leads them to Linnea. One touch and there can be no doubt that they have found their match. But will she accept them once she knows the truth?

Since I just finished writing a menage tale, I'm extra-curious to see how others handled it. I hope you give RG a try. (Or even a buy!) :D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Thank you! And yay! I'm back!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

You're welcome! Welcome back!!!!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home