Friday, September 05, 2008

Painting Faces

I'm taking a painting class! You might remember Paulette Insall's work from a post a couple of weeks ago. (Here's her painting "Blessings Abound".) Well, I found out she teaches painting and although I never really thought of myself as a painter, I signed up.

Back in the early eighties, I got a C in my college painting class and have been convinced I stank at it since then. However, a couple of years ago the PTA needed someone to paint a backdrop for photos at their Family Hoedown. I downloaded a picture of the desert with some dramatic red rocks in the background, armed myself with tempera paint and brushes, and attacked a double wide piece of white butcher paper--the kind they use to back bulletin boards. The result came out much much better than I expected. So, maybe I am a painter. :) If I'm not, I will be soon. Maybe I'll even post my paintings.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that painting! Please do post some of your paintings - I'd love to see them! I can't even draw a good stick figure. Have fun in your class. :)

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home