Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday 3: Research

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

I am in the midst of writing the third book for my Ellora's Cave Be-Wished series, tentatively titled Asking For It. In the course of my writing, I typically research many many things. This Thursday I'm listing three sites that I saved in my favorites file for convenient access.

1. I needed to find out how much the yolk of a goose egg might be worth if it was made of gold, and here is one of the sites I referred to. The picture of the little bars provided some scale for me.

2. Here's a list of fairy tales that has come in handy.

3. Finally, my hero is a military guy and I found this site on Aviator Slang really interesting, even though I think that he isn't in the air force after all.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paige Tyler said...

Cool! I love doing research for my books!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetyletheauthor.com

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Sometimes I like it, but sometimes, I go off on tangents!!! Sometimes research can be such a time sucker!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home