Thursday, September 21, 2006

A No-Go

Non-Recommendation: Oxo Garlic Press

I usually like recommending things on their merits, but today I have to tell you that I'm disappointed with my Oxo Garlic Press. I bought it because I needed a press that was self-cleaning. Well, it actually cleans itself well, but the pressing of the garlic cloves leaves a lot to be desired. They designed comfortable handles, but the leverage is just not there and so it takes a lot more effort to squeeze the cloves than it used to. I recommend you buy the Zyliss instead. That was what I had before. Just don't lose the little red cleaner-poker-outer thingamajig like I did!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I used to have one of those back when I used to cook..in college, lol. I liked it fairly well. I may follow your rec, however, and get the other one next time I purchase. I finally have other people in the house who will eat my cooking, lol, so I might have to start getting creative again :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, Anna, I love Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine. Every month I find a couple of recipes to rip out and put in my file. :)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home