Thursday, November 02, 2006

Insta-Novel!

I'm thinking that most of the people who read this blog (all three of you) might get a kick out of The Seventh Sanctum, a story/idea generator. They use several phrases to describe their site, but here's the one that I saw first: The whole infinite monkeys and typewriter thing without the smell.

I spent a really amusing half an hour here wasting writing time. Here is one of the plot ideas I could actually envision someone (not me) writing.

In this story, a mysterious prince falls in love with a fighter pilot who tends to annoy demonic beings. It seems a death will bring them even closer together.

Here's one that just cracked me up.

This story starts in a university town on a world that has all but forgotten its magical past. In it, a generous king is in love with a poised park ranger. Yet, how can a CEO tear them apart?

Have fun!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

You are evil! God I love this, more writing time down the drain to wretched procrastination, lol.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Uh-oh. Then you don't want to know about this site!

http://www.mms.com/us/dark/index.jsp

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home