Friday, June 15, 2007

Artist: Hyunah Kim

This painting is called Tree of Life. The artist, Hyunah Kim, said she wanted to create the Garden of Eden.

I love the palette of colors. Of course, I love the swirls and curving shapes. I'm seeing lemons, instead of perhaps the evil apple, and this whole composition feels very feminine to me.

Look at it for a while and discover different parts. My eye keeps being drawn to the bottom, slightly left of center. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because that's where most of the swirls are.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhian said...

thank you so much for posting this Kate! I just visited her blog today since she'd popped by mine and noted she was an artist. She hasn't responded yet to my pouty demands to see her art and i was wanting to see it most deperately. Once again you are my savior.
I love this piece and not just because the topic is one of my favs. The fluidness and dancing motion makes me feel like i can feel the growth, the trembling of leaves, the passing of seasons...

4:35 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

sigh - never mind - it's a different person, similar (to my darting eyes) first name. dang it. But i still love this piece.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

:D I love this piece, too.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home