Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thursday 3: Kitchen Tips

I love to cook, so here are three handy tips you can try in your kitchen.

1. If you need thin chicken cutlets, try this. Using tongs, hold a boneless chicken breast that has been frozen for 15 minutes perpendicular to the work surface. Cut through the chicken to make two even cutlets.

2. Noodles, spaghetti and other starches won't boil over if you rub
the inside of the pot with vegetable oil. (I haven't actually tried this yet, but if it works, I'll be a very happy camper! I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean pasta water off the stove.)

3. Use a pizza cutter to cut your brownies.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Hey, Kate! Thanks for the heads-up about R&D. :D

These are good tips. I've never rubbed the inside of the pan with oil, but I always put a tablespoon or so in my pasta water to keep it from boiling over.

As for the chicken, I've been into slicing boiled breasts with my food processor lately rather than cubing it. I don't know how I lived without my food processor.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll let you know on the oiled pot. I've tired laying the big spoon across the top of the pot, but I still end up cleaning the stove--yet again. I'll try anything that keeps that darn stove clean.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home