Friday, November 14, 2008

Artist: Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1882)

Welcome to another Art Friday on my blog. I discovered Dante Gabriel Rossetti when I was blogging about Patrick Reynolds a couple of weeks ago. Reynolds considers himself a modern day Pre-Raphaelite. Rossetti co-founded the original Pre-Raphaelites, a group of English painters and poets who hoped to bring to their art the richness and purity of the medieval period.

However, when I looked at some of Rossetti's work, I couldn't help but think of that song lyric, "Dude looks like a lady," except in Rossetti's case, it's the opposite. These ladies look like dudes! (Right: "The Bower Meadow, 1872. Left: The Blue Bower) I mean, check out the shoulders on that chick in the background dancing. Seriously!

Anyway, have a great weekend.

Twelve days until the release of SECRETS OF THE JIN-HAKKU!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home