Monday, November 17, 2008

Two Choices #2


Flan or Creme brulee?

Last night my son and I made flan for the first time. He's taking Spanish this year in high school and the assignment was to create a menu, all in Spanish, cook one of the dishes, and bring it in to share with the class. We discovered that both flan (creme caramel) and creme brulee are from France. The only real difference is that in flan, the sugar top is gooey and on creme brulee, it's crunchy.

So which do you prefer? I like creme brulee better. I the burnt sugar flavor is more intense.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

My preference would definitely be for crème brûlée. Yum!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, me too! I have a little torch for carmelizing the sugar on top. It's so fun!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home