Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thursday 3: Christmas Traditions

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.

Merry Christmas! I don't expect a lot of blog visitors today, but just in case, here are three of the things we do year after year.

1. I put up my Santa tree(s). I collect Santa ornaments and my collection has grown so large it won't fit on my little tree (right), so I have an auxillary tree (left) now.

Some of the ones I love best are the ones that have a pull string that make Santa's arms and legs flap up and down. The boys love the one that plays music.

2. We put up Christmas lights. Some years we do it earlier than other years. I was ecstatic the year hub and the boys did it Thanksgiving weekend. That was only one shining year.

3. My husband's family celebrates on Christmas Eve. They always open presents, one at a time, in order of age, youngest first.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Wow, that's a lot of Santas! I didn't do a TT this week, but thanks for sharing some of your traditions! I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Heather! You too!!!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home